Tuesday 17 June 2014

Summer Blog Challenge 2: Worst Summer Trends














Greetings once again blogosphere! Today, I'm officially posting my (week late) 2nd instalment of the Summer Blog Challenge, get excited! As you have probably already guessed, today's theme is 'Summer Trends'. Because these all seem to be relatively open to interpretation, I've decided to talk about some of the worst summer trends of all time that should die, crawl into a hole, and never come back. Are you ready to get super judgemental? I say most definitely.


Religious Iconography

 










Although this isn't strictly a summer trend, it's one that annoys me to no end. I know I've already ranted about this circa 2013, however, a trend I thought would fizzle away and die a slow, painful death teens still haven't managed to shake. Why Hipsters, why? I would get it if it was supposed to be some form of religious expression (I mean it'd be weird, but I'd get it), but seriously, I don't even understand why teenagers my age feel the need to adorn themselves in crosses? It's just plain strange. Plus, religion and booty shorts just don't mix. 


Drop-Crotch Pants














No, just no. I don't even know what these are trying to be. Honestly, when people wear them, it looks like someone took a massive dump and couldn't be bothered to clean it up and put on some new pants. Who thought that would be a good look? I mean, it looks stupid enough in photos, but in reality? Don't even get me started. The only person who could ever pull these off is MC Hammer back in the 90's, because now, it just looks lame. Anyone who wears them circa 2014 in my opinion is just instantly labelled as a pretentious idiot. So no surprise that one of the biggest drop-crotch pants culprits is Justin Bieber, I mean could he get any more awful? 


Ridiculously Short Short-Shorts


















When it comes to wearing shorts, there's a point at which they stop being pants and just become underwear. That my friends is what I'm here to rant about.  Why would a person step out in shorts so ridiculously short, why? If it were an uncommon occurrence then it wouldn't be that bad, but during summer, there are swarms of scantily clad teenage girls roaming the streets in shorts not unlike the ones shone above. Am I one of them? God no, nor do I even have the capacity to come close (seriously, I'm writing this blog post while wearing pyjamas with penguins on them). Try putting on some pants for a change teenage world!

So that's the end of my post. I hope you found this vaguely entertaining, and have managed to keep note of sue of these fashion don'ts. That's all folks. Til' next time . . .

Annabel xx

3 comments:

  1. I completely agree! Great post, I love your blog :)
    Hattie
    hattiehards.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice post, If you are looking for some trendy women's ,men's and kid's online boutique with a multitude of styles and fits, colors then you may visit https://www.jignov.com/women/bottom-wears/denim-pants.html which providing the largest online ethnic wear outfits.

    ReplyDelete