Monday, 11 May 2015

Random Ways to Get Extra ATAR Points












Hello blogosphere, I welcome you back! Believe it or not, today's post is centring around a conversation that happened in the real world, with actual, living people (and no, it doesn't happen very often). Seeing as I'm in my second last year of my high school life (how scary is that?), the HSC is something that tends to be on my mind as of late. For those of you who do not live down under, or specifically, don't live in Sydney, the HSC is the massive test that people do at the end of Year 12 in order to get into the university and course they want. Every country or state pretty much has their own version of it so the concept shouldn't be that unfamiliar to you, however it seems that there are a few random loopholes which allow you to cheat the system and obtain some extra ATAR points. So folks, if you wish to scam your way into a mark of 99.9, take a look at the list below . . .

Be School Captain


You may think, why would becoming school captain increase one's ATAR score? Honestly, I do not know. But apparently, the reasoning behind it is that to the points are added to make up for the time you'll be taking out of class. The number of marks added is generally 2, however this can increase depending on what university you apply to. So moral of the story, start campaigning!













Join the Army


This would definitely be a commitment, however if it's ATAR points you're after, singing up for the army is certainly one way to go about it. I can't even begin to imagine what being in the army would entail, seeing as I've never been apart of it myself, but I do know that if I were a cadet and had to go out and roll around in the dirt for hours, I would definitely want some sort of academic compensation.













Get Pregnant


Yep, you're reading this correctly! If you really want to boost your ATAR, popping out a kid is always an option, so if you're in year 12 this year, you better start moving fast. Seriously, I feel like the fact that the Board of Studies has made this a known rule is kind of encouraging teenage pregnancy, but whatever, don't let that stop you. Being a mother's a big commitment, sure, but for 5 extra ATAR points, it's obviously worth it. In fact, you yourself don't even have to be pregnant, you just need someone in your year to get a bun in the oven and then your entire cohort will be benefited. Why? I do not know, but be sure to take advantage of it. 












Start Killing Off Your Family Members


It may sound brutal, but some things just have to be done. If there's a death in the family, your ATAR goes up instantly, so despite the fact that it may seem heartless, I'd suggest you start killing off some family members. But remember, try and make it look as if it is the result of natural causes, as the last thing you want is to be convicted of murder in the year you do your HSC, because I feel like your ATAR definitely wouldn't fare well. 












Represent Australia in a Sport


Admittedly this one is less gruesome than the last, so for the squeamish among us, this may be the option to go for. I mean, how hard can representing the nation in athletics really be? The Olympics is next year, so that gives us all a solid 17 months to prepare, that should surely be enough. If I had to do an olympic sport, personally, I'd pick shooting, because a) how hard can it be?, and b) in some rounds, you actually get to lie down. It's a win, win!















Join Scouts


Have no fear, it's not too late, you can become a scout and totally be at one with the wilderness. You can learn how to pioneer and kill your own food, and all sorts of other handy outdoors activities. Except for one thing, it all sounds truly dreadful. I'm sorry, but I just don't think this one's worth it. I'm all for getting pregnant and becoming a homicidal maniac, but spending countless amounts of time outdoors? I choose no. 















Well that's pretty much all I have to offer. Hopefully, you've managed to get an array of handy tips for cheating your way into a higher ATAR, or alternatively, we could all just hit the books until the dreaded HSC, your choice. Til' next time . . .

Annabel xx

6 comments:

  1. so what about depression? or parents splitting? just wondering ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure you can apply for it and they can compensate for whatever's going on with extra ATAR points, but that seems pretty warranted. All this other stuff on here is a bit random ahaha x

      Delete
  2. Where does it say about the atar points?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where can i get a legitimate reference?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where can i get a legitimate reference?

    ReplyDelete