Tuesday 11 March 2014

Legally Blonde: The Musical Review (with GIFS!)










Greetings again my readers! As most of you probably already know, when it comes to musical theatre freaks, I'm pretty up there in terms of my obsession. So I thought, why not indoctrinate everyone else ever and force them to sit through a musical review? It's okay guys, no thanks needed. Anyway, today I thought I'd do a brutally honest review of 'Legally Blonde: The Musical' (hence the title) that came out way back in 2007. Is it worth watching, or should you give it a miss? Well you'll just have to keep on reading.











I have to say straight up, I think you all should go watch this musical right now. I'm serious, it's actually really entertaining. If you're looking for a super high class, sophisticated night out at the theatre, then this certainly isn't for you. But if you're not totally boring and are just looking for a fun and lively show (or just love the colour pink), then this will definitely be a winner.

The musical is obviously based on the 2001 movie by the same name, following Elle Woods as she tries to follow her ex-boyfriend Warner into Harvard Law School with the help of her sorority sisters from Delta Nu (acting as her own Greek chorus).











After a quick studying montage and a little song and dance, the Harvard professors seem to be on board, and before you know it, she's got a place at one of the most competitive universities in the world (I never said that it was logical). However, everything's not smooth sailing from there. Like any good musical, there's a villain, this time in the form of Warner's new uptight, brunette (scandal!) girlfriend Vivienne (who also just happens to be an awful human being).











After the antagonist has been firmly identified, next comes the love interest. Enter Emmett, a young teacher's assistant with a chip on his shoulder (which would be a super hilarious joke if you'd seen the musical):












I don't want to give too much away and put myself at risk of becoming known for my constant spoilers, but just a hint, this goes down in a courtroom in Act 2:















Are you lured or what?

I seriously loved this musical. Having seen the Australian production live as well as the (totally legal! go me) recording of the original Broadway version (thank you MTV), this translates awesomely in any setting. When you listen to all the songs out of context, you'd just think that this musical's one big, confusing, pink mess, but when you see the whole thing, it's actually really funny and clever. If you were one of those people who left 'Wicked' rooting for the glittery and popular Glinda rather than the protagonist Elphaba, then this musical is definitely for you.








Unlike some other movie inspired musicals (*cough* 'Shrek the Musical' *cough*), 'Legally Blonde' really measures up. There's never a dull moment, as everyone in both the productions I saw looked as if they were hyped up on Red Bull from start to finish (in the best way possible). Everyone in both of the casts I saw did a super awesome job, and it's honestly just such a fun musical. I still can't get over how well trained the dogs were though, seriously! I've had my dog for about a year now, and she's barely toilet trained.












All in all, if you're looking for an awesome musical to check out, or are simply devoted to the colour pink, I highly suggest you give 'Legally Blonde: The Musical' a go. Let's face it, who wouldn't want to see a musical all about the awesomeness of females (besides all straight males ever)? If it's not coming to you anytime soon, don't give up, just check it out on the godsend that is youtube.

Yay, you've reached the end of my super short, slightly random first ever musical review! I hope you've been inspired to go try out something new and awesome, and if you weren't, I don't know what you're still doing here reading this, that's just weird. Also, how consistent has my blogging been lately? But stop it you guys, there's no need to congratulate me or anything, it's totally fine.












Yes, I just wanted an excuse to use that gif. That's all for now! Til' next time . . .

Annabel xx

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the follow.
    Follow you back on bloglovin.
    Lovely greets from germany ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This year has been so blissful to me for God has given me a reason to live happily again after been heart broken for 3 months when my husband neglected me and went back to he's mistress. I suffered and went through all types of emotional tortures for I couldn't get any help to get my man back not until I was refereed to Lord Zakuza by my co-worker who gave me her full assurance about him that he can be of help to me. I got in touch with Lord Zakuza and I hearken to his words and followed the instructions given to me by him. Could you believe that my husband got back home within 48 hours as said by him and today, my marriage is restored & I'm so thankful, appreciative & grateful to God for using Lord Zakuza to get my man back after 3 months of broken marriage. Is there anyone out there who needs to get back to he's or her lover back or needs any help of any kind? Then, I suggest that you get in touch with Lord Zakuza now through his Email ID: Lordzakuza7@gmail.com or WhatsApp him on + 1 (740) 573–9483 and for more information, here's his website: lordzakuzaspells.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was able to win back my Ex lover with the help of….(Dr.mac@ yahoo. com).. He can fix any type of relationship/marriage issues.....

    ReplyDelete