Saturday 13 December 2014

1st Day of Blogmas Vol 2: Most Creative Wreaths













Season's greetings readers! If some of you are long time Teenage Fanatic followers (if any of them even exist), you may recall that starting December 12th last year, I engaged in this whole craze called the '12 Days of Blogmas'. And hey, because I had such a blast doing it last year, I thought why not bring some of that Christmas spirit into 2014? Basically, for you newbies out there, this whole Blogmas thing is basically me posting random entries about Christmas on each of the 12 days leading up to the glorious event. To get the ball rolling (admittedly, a day late), I thought I'd give credit where it's due and celebrate some of the most awesome and creative wreaths Christmas enthusiasts have to offer. So intro done and dusted, let's take a look at these festive rings of awesomeness . . .

1. 















This may not be the healthiest way to kick off Christmas, but that never bothered anyone. Start as you mean to go on, right? This caramel filled candy just so happens to be one of my many favourite confectionary items, so to have these pressed against my front door would be an honour, nay, a privilege. 

2.



















On the total other end of the spectrum, this orange wreath is also on the cards. What motivates a person to turn slices of fruit into art? That I cannot pinpoint. However, the outcome does look pretty cool. And as a vegetarian, I suppose it's kind of like my duty to support anything vaguely organic. 

3. 



















The number of Chinese restaurants anyone attempting to make this paper doily wreath would have to visit I do not know, but the outcome of this mega DIY project is super impressive. It just screams winter wonderland, and I don't know about you, but I certainly wouldn't mind having this shabby chic addition to my Christmas décor. 

4. 



















Yet again, here we have another DIY project for all you house dwellers to embark upon. What exactly is the point of this wreath consisting entirely of metal trays? Nobody knows. But I guess it does look rather homely, and if you're a fan of the alternative and creative, why not give this wreath a go?

5. 















This fluffy wreath of awesomeness is something I definitely want to try out. Being a vegetarian and all, I can't strictly eat the sticky wonders that are marshmallows, but I can appreciate their epic nature. Who knew confectionary could look so good?

6. 



















Now this? This is a wreath of food I can get behind. Gingerbread men are seriously the staple of any Christmas lover's diet in December, so why not let the world know and display this bundle of awesomeness at the front of your house? It just absolutely screams Christmas, and it sure does look totally delectable. 

7. 



















Your hunger for DIY projects not yet satisfied? We've got you covered. Ever wondered what you can do with all those Christmas cards you receive and have nowhere to put? This wreath is the one for you. Sure, it doesn't look totally spectacular, but points for creativity and usefulness are definitely awarded to make up for it. 

8. 



















Last but certainly not least is this...unique...looking wreath made entirely of Peacock feathers. Are they real? Let's hope for the sake of PETA and animal protection societies everywhere that they aren't. One thing you can say about this is that you'll definitely make a statement. Why settle for dull when you can have a totally original, one of a kind wreath complete with flamboyant feathers? There really is no toss up. 

That ladies and gentlemen is where I leave you. I think the first day of Blogmas went rather well, and hopefully you now have some pretty cool Christmas inspiration. Now go and get cracking with your unique wreath designs, and I'll see you back here for the next instalment very shortly. Til' next time . . .

Annabel xx

No comments:

Post a Comment