Thursday 6 November 2014

Goodbye October: Greetings November!











Blogosphere, hello and welcome to November! October managed to come and go in the blink of an eye, and now we all get to endeavour into a new month of awesomeness. However, by now you should know the drill, and understand that I'm not letting October get away that easily. Today, I'm just going to do my usual monthly thing and recap some of the important celeb news and drama to grace us last month, and then we can all feel free to move on with our lives. Sound good? I think yes.

5. Candice Accola and Joe King Tie the Knot


It seems that wedding bells were prevalent recently, as 'Vampire Diaries' star Candice Accola and musician Joe King decided to make things official and get hitched on October 18th. Sure, I'm not invested in their relationship or anything (in fact I didn't even know they were dating until about a week ago), but I'll be nice and wish them well. I've come to know Candice as Caroline in TVD, so I hope it all works out for them, because I'm just an uber nice person. 



















4. Lena Dunham Releases 'Not That Kind of Girl'


It got quite a bit of media coverage recently that star of 'Girls' Lena Dunham was releasing her very own memoir 'Not That Kind of Girl'. Prior to release, it actually seemed to get all kinds of positive reviews, however when it hit shelves this month, it was literally marked down to 30% off in a matter of hours (if that). I guess that kind of sucks for her (you know, a lot), but I have to say, I can't help finding it just a little bit funny, probably because (not so) deep down, I'm truly a horrible person. 



















3. Ariana Grande and Big Sean Get Together


It seems like not too long ago I was talking about the engagement between Naya Rivera and Big Sean (probably because it wasn't), and now, it seems he's decided to well and truly move on also. Popular singer Ariana Grande has now taken her place, as the two artists have been entangled romantically rather recently. My inner journalist is dying to find a scandal somewhere here, but I have a feeling that everything's pretty legit. Despite the fact she's a mainstream popular artist (something ordinarily sure to deter me), I actually really like Ariana Grande. Not only is she awesomely talented, but she just so happens to have a Broadway background. So yeah, I'm going to be nice and wish them all the best, despite the fact I'm not totally sure Big Sean isn't just a big idiot. 
















2. Blake Lively Announces Her Pregnancy


It seems like it wasn't long ago that Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds decided to have their nuptials, yet as of this month, it was officially announced that the couple are soon to be expecting a kid. That's all very exciting, and I can honestly say I'm pretty pumped to see a 'Gossip Girl' baby toddling around. Throwing a little Van Der Woodsen in the mix can only be a good thing, and I hope they enjoy taking care of a tiny crying, screaming and vomiting human. 



















1. Gough Whitlam Dies


Tragically, former Australian Prime Minister Gough Whitlam passed away recently at age 98 on the 21st of October. Sure, he had a pretty good run, but it's still sad nonetheless. Coincidentally, we had just finished learning about his contribution to Australian politics in History, so I was well informed on the impact he made on our country, which I guess just kind of highlighted the fact that we were losing someone pretty influential to say the least. It's still super sad obviously, but at least he can say goodbye to planet Earth knowing he implemented some pretty cool and beneficial reforms that have and will continue to assist generations of people. 













So that's all there is to it. October's officially done and dusted, and we can now let go of that and focus on the potential awesomeness to come. Til' next time . . .

Annabel xx

1 comment:

  1. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. Goodbye April Welcome May

    ReplyDelete