Monday 6 October 2014

Movie Themed Fashion









Greetings again blogosphere! I know that ordinarily Teenage Fanatic is not particularly fashion inclined, but I thought today we could shake things up a bit. As I've mentioned before, my laptop and I have become increasingly close over the recent holiday break, and my extreme movie binge watching has inspired me to create this fashion extravaganza. Having been a gleek for a number of years now, I'm no stranger to basing my clothing choices around fictional shows and characters, however now I'm going to pass this knowledge on to you. Have you ever wanted to have complete outfits inspired by some of your favourite movies? Come on, I think we both know the answer to that one. Well today, I plan to assist you in achieving just that, and before you know it, we'll all look like we've stepped straight off the set of a Hollywood blockbuster. So without further ado, I present to you these fashion suggestions of a lifetime . . .

Clueless




















I don't know about you, but I just think 90's fashion is the coolest. Seriously, I wish I was born just a little earlier so I would've got the chance to experience it first hand (but then again, I find it scary enough being 16, so if I were any older right now I'd probably have a panic attack). 'Clueless', made in 1995, is just a perfect demonstration of some of the awesome fashion people rocked back then, not to mention the movie itself was pretty frickin' awesome. So if you're planning on drawing some fashion inspiration from the big screen, Alicia Silverstone's look is an excellent place to start. Rule number one, find something spectacularly tartan. Do you think Cher would've been caught dead in any other fabric?











No, I didn't think so. If you're looking for an exact replica, fashion site 'Glitters for Dinner' certainly delivers. In fact, they have an entire 'Clueless' inspired range! If I were you, I'd start and finish there, because they just did the work for you. I can't take all the credit for finding this site (in fact, I really can't take any at all), because I may or may not have taken a look at fashion blog 'Ditsy and the Damned', but I can't help that I was majorly lured by their stuff. Now go on, I urge you to throw an Iggy Azalea and bring back these fancy fashion must haves.

The Notebook
















'The Notebook' is a movie renowned for lots of things, however its fashion is generally overlooked by all the feels. However, today I plan to change this. By the end of this post, you'll all be walking around dressed like Rachel McAdams al la Allie Hamilton. I might be a tad biased, but I seriously love vintage clothing, so this movie being set in the 1940's in no way detracts from the awesomeness of all the fashion. Up the top I've managed to find a dress which draws some serious parallels to the quintessential 'Notebook' blue number seen on the right which we all know and love. However, because I just really love this era, the fun doesn't stop there. 



















If you're a lover of the movie, there's no way you can forget Allie's super stunning swimsuit, and now my friends, you can own one just like it. Sure, it's not an exact replica, but it's definitely close. Plus, it still gives off an ultra vintage vibe, which is all you can hope for really. If you're at all perceptive, you may have noticed that these two articles of clothing were found on the same website. Yep, that means the fashion hunt is in no way over. Modcloth really has got you covered for all your retro, 'Notebook' fashion needs (seriously, half of my wardrobe may or may not be from there). Let me just say in advance, you're welcome. 

Breakfast at Tiffany's


















It seems that we're going even further back into the fashion vault for this one, however I'm pretty sure that shouldn't be a problem. 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' is a legendary film that I'm guessing about 90% of the population has seen, although even if you're in the small, uncultured minority who haven't viewed Audrey in action, there's no doubting you'll have at least seen her iconic, classic look. Well, today's your chance to throw a Holly Golightly and give it a go yourself. Above I've managed to locate a few items to class up your wardrobe and help you throwback to 1961 (in the best way possible). As you're sure to notice, it's not by any means an exact replica, but more of an inspired outfit with a modern twist. Also, considering Halloween's coming up rather soon, it'll be cool to have this look in your arsenal. Now all you need is a bagel, a cup of coffee and a local Tiffany's store and you're set. 











St Trinians













For the fourth outfit on the list, we now get a chance to unleash our inner, preppy monster and get in touch with all things school-girl chic. Let's face it, after seeing 'St Trinians' in 2007 we all wanted a chance to go to the best worst private school in all of Britain. Unfortunately, I can't offer you that (no matter how much I want to go there myself), but I can give you some suggestions on how to dress the part. The outfit above channels the 'posh totty' side of St Trinians clothing (because we want to preserve at least some decorum), and definitely alludes to the fashion prevalent throughout the film. Once more, I aim not to replicate, but to draw ideas from all the original outfits. Trust me, you'll feel super British and rebellious in no time (and if you already are from the land of scones and jam, I'm a tad jealous). 












Mean Girls















Now this is certainly an outfit I can get behind. Come on, does life get any better than an explosion of pink? I don't think so. This ensemble will certainly liven up your Wednesday in the best way possible. The 'Mean Girls' clique may not be the best role models for everyday life, however there's nothing wrong with throwing a Regina George when it comes to your fashion decisions. These super chic clothes are the perfect way of paying homage to the awesomeness that is Tina Fey's creation 'Mean Girls', as well as simply dressing in the pinkest clothes to ever grace this Earth. I feel like I'm repeating myself a lot, but you know, I may as well say it again, this isn't in any way an exact match. However, if you're adorned in pink head-to-toe, odds are you're either referencing this, or Legally Blonde (and let's face it, both of those are pretty good options). In no time, you'll be dressing like the Queen B and have your very own Gretchen Wieners and Karen Smith to boss around.











So that's now the end of my strangely OOC fashion post. Hopefully everyone was able to draw at least some clothing inspiration from it, or at least I've cemented your appreciation for some of these legendary flicks. Til' next time . . .

Annabel xx

No comments:

Post a Comment