Sunday 20 April 2014

What's Trending? Vol. 2











Hello again my readers! I'd just like to announce that this is indeed my second post of the day (and today just happens to be Easter Sunday, yes I know I'm sad).










You may have noticed so far that the gifs in this post have both had a Twitter theme. Why you may ask? Because today, I'm going to be doing a little round-up of what's trending in the land of Twitter. Yes, I know, I've done one of these before. But that one was way back in September last year when my blog first started out, so probably no one read it. Also, in this constantly changing world, I guess I have to sort of keep updating (damn the internet and its innovative ways).

Before we begin, have a little looksie at what's currently popular around the world:















Pet Rescue Saga

If you saw this and instantly had absolutely no idea what it was, don't worry, we were in the same position. Upon contacting Lord Google and inspecting it more closely, it seems that Pet Rescue Saga is the name of some new app. Why is it trending? I don't really know. It seems other people in the twittersphere have been wondering the same thing, but I guess we can just chalk it up to the fact that it seems to be a really addictive game. I honestly have no idea what it involves, but I can't really say I'm particularly lured. This may come as a shock to you considering I have no life, but apps aren't really my thing. Angry Birds? Never played it. Candy Crush? Wouldn't know how to play it. I'm sorry, but I see no future for Pet Rescue Saga and I. 
















Happy Easter

If I need to explain this one to anyone, you seriously have some major problems. It's Easter Sunday, of course Happy Easter's trending! I even wrote a blog post about it and everything!

















Coachella

This week officially marks the 3 day internationally acclaimed music and arts festival known as Coachella. If you've never heard of it, I think you've been living under a rock your entire life, and if you're normal and know what I'm talking about, then you can understand why it's trending. Pretty much every celebrity ever attends, decked out in casual beach wear made by companies who pay said stars thousands of dollars to promote it. Sure it's morally corrupt, but I guess that's Hollywood. I myself have been lured by the awesomeness that seems to be Coachella, but if for people of non celebrity status it's anything like Australia's 'Good Life' Festival (aka, let's all get totally drugged up and listen to painstakingly awful, mainstream music), I think I'll be steering clear forever. Plus, this little thing called reality seems to get in the way which is a problem.  Below is Lea Michele and Katy Perry at the 2014 festival, you know, just casually. 



















WonderCon

Invasion of the nerds everybody. I'm assuming you're all familiar with the awesome geek fest that is Comic Con? Well this is basically the smaller, less popular version of that. It's for people who love them some comic books basically. I myself am not much of a fan of graphic novels, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate the nerdiness of it all. I have read the Buffy the Vampire Slayer comic book series, but that's about it. However, Wondercon also seems to celebrate and appreciate motion pictures as well. Everybody, feast your eyes on the awesomeness that is the 'Frozen' cosplay swarming this year's convention. 



















On My Way Music Video

I am ridiculously excited for this one. Remember last month when I reviewed Lea Michele's totally awesome album 'Louder'? Well, here comes the second music video, this time for the song 'On My Way' (which still reminds of the 'Glee' episode where Quinn got hit by a car, but whatever). It seems that I'm not the only person excited about this considering it's trending, go Leanatics! But seriously, I am super duper excited. So far, all we know about it is that she's in the desert, standing around at a motel, and riding in cars with random people. To me, that sounds like the greatest music video ever. Ahh, this is going to be ridiculously awesome, just look at the candid shots!



















Orphan Black

This is total news to me, but apparently there's some Canadian sci-fi TV series called 'Orphan Black'. Considering it's trending on Twitter, it must be pretty popular, but I've seriously never heard anything about it. I feel totally out of the loop. I legitimately have nothing to do all day during the holidays, so you'd think I would be able to at least keep up with the land of television, but no, apparently I'm failing at that as well. In the words of Troy Bolton, I need to get my head in the game. Why is the show currently trending you may ask? According to my extensive googling, it's just come back from hiatus, and by the sounds of it, pretty dramatic things are happening. People are coming back from the dead, waiters are whipping out guns, it's getting crazy! Damn, I really need to start watching this show. 












AFL Dogs Blues

Just looking at the title of this I know it's about sport. I may know nothing about anything vaguely related to any form of exercise, but I'm fairly certain AFL stands for Australian Football League, and I'm just not cool with that. Due to my intense hatred of all things sport, I am refusing to blog about this. Yep, you read that right. I'm assuming it's some sort of game, with the teams and the colours and the other stuff, but that's all the information I'm giving you. 

















The Sound of Music

Doesn't everyone just love 'The Sound of Music'? I know I do. Come on, the hills are alive with it, that's pretty impressive. Sure, even I have to admit it's a little odd that it's trending 49 years after it came out, but I guess you never need an excuse to promote it. All it took for it to trend nation wide was for Channel 10 to air it tonight, seriously, that's all it took! The better question is, why exactly is Channel 10 airing it on Easter in the first place? I don't remember the scene where the Easter Bunny pops in and starts singing about his favourite things. However, it seems that today is also Hitler's birthday. How awkward it is that for Channel 10! Oh well, at least everyone can have a little at home, Von Trapp style sing-a-long and totally ignore the offensive connotations. 











Hamid Mir

It seems that recently, Hamid Mir (a Pakistani reporter) was majorly injured in some sort of gun attack. Now I'm no journalist or anything, but to me, that sounds like pretty major news. But oh no, apparently this isn't the case. Somehow, in our technologically advanced world, it's taken 6 days for anyone to get the real story. How is that even possible? Apparently, all these different media companies have been blaming one another and started some kind of 'he said she said' thing, it's all getting pretty cray. Naturally, the twitterverse (and the universe) are getting pretty mad about this, considering no one knows what's actually going on in the midst of this weird little battle that seems to be going on. Apparently, he was originally supposed to have been shot 3 times, and now it's changed to 6. What actually happened? I guess we'll never know.














Lewis Hamilton

Once again, it seems that we've entered into the world of competition, this time in the form of the Grand Prix. So this guy, Lewis Hamilton, recently just won the Chinese Grand Prix, making it his third consecutive win. Okay, I guess that's pretty impressive, but that doesn't mean I enjoy blogging about it. All I can say is at least it isn't sport. 













Yay! You've reached the end of the post. Hopefully you're now officially up to date on what's happening around the globe without having to endure the terribly boring, atrocious news. You're welcome. That's all folks. Til' next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment