Friday 22 November 2013

8 TV Shows I Wish Were Still On



Hello again my readers! As you can probably already tell, my little blog post today will be reminiscing on some of the awesome television shows I wish were still on TV everyday. There are actually so many its not funny, so I had to severely shorten my list, which was depressing in itself. Pleasantries over with, let's get into it . . .

8. The Lying Game

Okay, admittedly this isn't the best show on the face of the planet, but everyone needs something from ABC Family to help them through the PLL dry spell (which seems to happen quite frequently). And if you have nothing to do all day, watching it isn't a bad way to fill in a couple of hours. After a while, you do get lured in by the drama and the mystery of it, which doesn't always happen with other teen shows *cough 90210 cough*. What I'm trying to say is that I could do worse. But now, after its recent cancellation, I have nothing except a packet of potato chips and a fluffy white dog to keep my company (which in hindsight doesn't sound too bad). So yeah, not really the greatest loss of all time, but an injustice nonetheless. 












7. Pretty Much Everything From The Old Disney Channel

Seriously, remember back in the good old days when you wouldn't accidentally flick over to Disney Channel and want to kill yourself? From the good old Kim Possible, Lizzie McGuire and That's So Raven, to the not as old Hannah Montana, Wizards of Waverly Place and Sonny With A Chance. I'm more a fan of the 3 older older ones (though I can't deny I had a slight obsession with Hannah Montana for a couple of years there), but anything is better than what is on Disney Channel at the moment. Seriously though! I think that the writers just think that if you're under the age of 12, you're a complete and utter idiot (which is only true about 50% of the time). Oh well, there's always the re-runs on at 3am. 

















6. Friends

To be honest, half the time I don't even realise that the show is actually over, because it seems like it's always on. Re-runs or no re-runs, come on, we all know that 10 seasons just isn't enough. I think pretty much everyone in the teen community would agree with me, because who knew everyone secretly loved them some (mostly) 90's television? I actually can't make it through the day without hearing about 5 'Friends' references. At least if they make a season 11, I don't have to hear the same quotes over and over again for the rest of my life. 












5. Scrubs

Yes! The only medical show on television that doesn't make you want to hide away in quarantine for the rest of your life! Seriously, it seems that I'm always consumed with medical dramas that almost make me consider becoming a complete hypochondriac. With 'Scrubs', you don't have to worry about whether or not you're going to be infected with a fatal, irreversible disease every time you leave the house. You can just sit down and watch it in peace (and in health). It's funny, it's cute, and unfortunately, it's over. But have no fear, it shows on the Comedy Channel pretty much every Sunday. 












4. Desperate Housewives

Before you judge, hear me out. It's actually really good. I mean, yeah, it's kind of your cliche soap opera-ish style drama, but at least it doesn't take itself seriously like other shows (*cough* The Young And The Restless *cough*). And I am so upset that it's over! I remember back in the day just spending the weekend having little Desperate Housewives marathons, but now, there'll never be another new episode! No more Wisteria lane! Time to get the DVD's out. 












3. Gossip Girl

Can you believe that it's almost been a year since we said goodbye to the cast of 'Gossip Girl'? No more Upper East Side, no more of Serena and Blair's on-and-off friendship, and no more Dorota. I feel like I've almost spiralled into some sort of depression. I loved getting to see the bright lights of New York, and laugh at another one of Blair's witty remarks. Why CW why? 6 seasons just aren't enough. And I didn't even start watching Season 1 when it first came out. I really got into it halfway through last year. So just imagine the kind of turmoil longtime fans must be going through. How could they do this to us? Now I'm sorry, please excuse me while I go whip out my seasons 1-6 box set.











2. Buffy The Vampire Slayer

I know for a fact that I am not the only person who longs for the day when Buffy will return to our television screens. Unfortunately, it's been just over 10 years now, so I don't think there's any hope. Luckily it's a pretty popular fandom, so it kind of seems like it's never gone away, but I still feel the great loss. Sometimes watching re-runs and reading the comics just can't fill the void. There should seriously be another chapter in the Buffy-verse, and a sequel to the boring original movie just won't cut it. Joss, on behalf of the entire Buffy fandom, please let there be another season. 















1. Smash

Coming in and taking the lead is one of my personal favourites, Smash. Warning: If you hate ranting, I suggest you stop reading right now. Seriously, stop. I actually can't believe that 'Smash' got cancelled. I have to admit, I was dubious about the show at first, I mean, why would you even try and be a musical drama-dy when 'Glee' has already got that covered. But then I started watching it a few months ago, and it is completely and utterly awesome. And then, out of nowhere, it gets cancelled! It really sucks how nothing even vaguely broadway related seems to last on television, I blame all of it on the anti-musical theatre people out there, this one's on you!




And that's finally the end of what is a super depressing list. Who knows, maybe random people at all the television studios are reading this going 'wow, she's right, let's bring them all back!'. One can dream. Til' next time . . .

Annabel xx

1 comment:

  1. Ksenia Solo Biography, Born, Age, Facts, Family, Movie Only winning is not the quality, but also losing yourself for acting is also achievement that proved by the talented Ksenia Solo

    ReplyDelete