Tuesday 30 June 2015

6 Movie Characters that Prove Nerdy Girls Trump All










Hello again readers, welcome back! I apologise for my recent lack of blog posts, I am actually ashamed of my suckishness. To be fair, school has been pretty hectic as of late. However, I am back to make up for it, and will hopefully get myself back on track super quickly. Today, I thought I'd represent my nerdiness with pride. It's not really a secret that being a nerd doesn't exactly make you the most popular person in school, and ordinarily, you'd assume that no one would aspire to be one, but that it's just one of those things that you're stuck with. Well, while that may be true for some, today, I'm going to list for you guys some of the most awesome female nerdy protagonists in movies that no doubt, we've probably all wanted to be at one point. Intro complete, let's get into it . . .

6. Casey - 'Ice Princess'











There's no doubting that 'Ice Princess' is a definite classic, and as far as Disney Channel Original movies go, it is admittedly pretty fab. What makes it so wonderful you ask? Well that would have to be protagonist Casey Carlyle (played by the awesome Michelle Trachtenberg). For those of you who need a refresher, 'Ice Princess' revolves around a girl who longs to be apart of the world of professional figure skating. What's the catch? She's really into her academics, and her over-protective mother is initially less than supportive. What really makes Casey awesome is that she proves that she can have it all - she can excel at figure skating and still get straight A's. In fact, she's even able to use her smarts in working out the perfect aerodynamics needed to improve her jumps. This epic mash-up of skating and academics is definitely one for the ages, and totally proves that being smart rules.


5. Matilda - 'Matilda'










Matilda, 100%, is as cool as they come. She's super smart and has a passion for learning and reading, and is always motivated, despite her less than stellar upbringing. Her brain power is kind of amazing, so much so that she just happens to be equipped with some handy telekinesis (which unlike Carrie, she uses mainly for good rather than evil). Matilda definitely has a lot to handle - negligent and resentful parents, an unhinged, totally irrational school principal - yet she manages to come out on top in the end. How is this so? Because she's super clever. A word to the wise, never doubt where being smart can get you.


4. Nancy Drew - 'Nancy Drew'










I cannot express to you how much I love 'Nancy Drew'. I am serious, it is amazing. In my youth, the books were literally my entire world. I learnt so much from them, and was totally inspired to go out and solve some cases myself (although in all honesty, I never did). The movie just happens to be amazing as well, and for me, this franchise will forever be the epitome of fictional crime solving (which is indeed a big call). But what made it so great? Probably the fact that a bookish, goody two shoes teen was able to solve mysteries like a boss. Another point for team nerd!


3. Cady - 'Mean Girls'












'Mean Girls' is definitely one of the ultimate early 2000's teen movies, and has undoubtably earned its place on that list. Sure, the plastics are great, but we wouldn't love the film so much if it hadn't been for the naive, super smart Cady. Throughout the film, we could see her gravitate towards the pink side and lose herself for a little bit, but just like all good teen movies with a moral message, she came back to the land of the nerd in the end. She joined the mathletes, embraced her uber brain power, and was even given the title of prom queen, further proving that smart girls can have it all. I don't know about you, but that sounds like a pretty rad ending to me. 


2. Gabriella - 'High School Musical'












It's no secret that back in the mid 2000's, pretty much every tween ever had an obsession with the HSM franchise (or at least I know I certainly did). There were fabulous dance numbers, moments where everyone spontaneously broke into song, and some of the most quotable dialogue to date (which I totally whip out whenever I can). For me, I know that Gabriella Montez was somewhat of a role model. A secret nerd who had to choose between her love for academics and her passion for performing? Talk about the story of my life. Except, that's just it, in the end, she didn't have to choose! Once again, we have a smart female protagonist who was able to juggle everything! I know that I'm not the only one who was inspired when Gabriella fought against the odds and was able to participate in the Academic Decathlon and make it to the auditorium to belt out 'Breaking Free' with Troy on the same day. What can I say? She's definitely an inspiration to all. 


1. Hermione - 'Harry Potter'










Low and behold, the absolute queen of all things nerd. Hermione Granger was absolutely, 100%, everyone's role model back in the day (and well, if I'm being honest, still is). Not even kidding, even back in pre-school, I used to act out scenes from the Harry Potter movies with all my little nerdy friends and insist on being Hermione every time. Because come on, who wouldn't want that? She's hella sassy, and her intellect outshines literally everyone. Us nerds have totally come to accept her as our leader, because let's face it, she's everyone's favourite know-it-all. There's nothing she can't do, and without her, Harry would've been nothing. Plus, she just so happens to be ridiculously quotable.  

So that's about all I have in store for you. Hopefully you agree with my picks and the order I decided to put them in, and are inspired to embrace your inner nerdiness. After all, smart girls literally rule the world, fictional or otherwise. Til' next time . . .

Annabel xx

1 comment:

  1. I just got my ex husband back through the help of Dr OSOFO love spells Experts!..My husband left me for another woman, This was just 2 years of our marriage. The most painful thing is that I was pregnant with our second baby. I wanted him back. I did everything within my reach to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so badly because of the love I had for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to my friend and she suggested that I should rather contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back , I had no choice than to try it. I messaged the spell caster call Dr OSOFO and he assured me there was no problem and that everything will be okay before 11 hours. He cast the spell and surprisingly 9 hours later my husband called me. I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that had happened He wanted me to return to him. He also said he loved me so much. I was so happy andent to him that was how we started living together happily again.thanks to man, do not cry anymore, contact Dr.OSOFO for help now..Here his contact, WhatsApp him: +2349065749952 {or} Email him at: ( osofo.48hoursolutioncenter@gmail.com )    

    ReplyDelete