Thursday 23 April 2015

What Even is this Weather?









Readers, hello again! Now before you judge me super heavily, I'm going to do my best to try and make this post vaguely interesting. Yes, the weather is generally a dull subject, however in Sydney at the moment, Mother Nature's totally lost it. Sure, rain is inevitable once April approaches in the Southern Hemisphere considering that Autumn brings along with it some pretty drab weather, however this is simply ridiculous. So, in order to express to you how sucky the outdoors has been to us Aussies over the past few days, I thought I'd turn to Teenage Fanatic and have a little rant about it with the assistance from some GIF's. Sound good? Hopefully, because that's what's happening. Intro done and dusted, let's get down to business . . .

All of this atmospheric crayness started on Monday. Yes, it was the first day back at school after the holidays, and yes, it was raining. Some could say it's just bad luck, but I think it was totally real life pathetic fallacy (literary techniques for the win!).











So yeah, it was raining and all, but was it totally torrential? No, not at all. It was just super annoying.









However, come Tuesday, things took a turn for the worse. It was all windy and gross, and there was literally no escaping the rain. Especially if you had to walk to school with a completely broken umbrella. So yes, not only was I getting wet, but I also had to battle with an inoperative parasol.











Can I just say, having to walk around in the wind while navigating your way to a classroom during the school day is not a fun task. I mean, the rain is bad enough, but extreme, gale force winds? It's just hectic. And no, I did not look majestic a la Pocahontas:












I looked a little more like this:











Don't you hate it when Disney lies to you? But nevertheless, I soldiered on, although you can bet I wasn't happy about it.


















Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, we were freed from school and I returned home. Honestly, never have I cherished my house so much in my life.










But then of course, I turned on the TV in preparation for some afternoon binge-watching and low and behold, the news of the ferocious storm I'm attempting to escape from is absolutely everywhere.









While the constant bombardment was annoying, I had to say, the news that this storm was getting worse and starting to cause major flooding was kind of freaking me out. And by kind of, I mean I was in a 100%, full-on panic. Not even kidding, I was totally expecting the apocalypse.















So then I was just in bed that night listening to all the wind and thunder and lightning and rain, and laying awake like:













Finally, Wednesday morning came, and I managed to suck it up and venture out once more into the cold. But did every student in New South Wales have to? No, no they did not. You know why? Because over 100 schools were closed for the day. But of course, you guessed it, mine was definitely not one of them.












So I was just sitting there at school all day like:











Of course, the rain didn't let up all day, and at this point, I seriously became resigned to the fact that it would be storming forever, or at least for the rest of my life.











But then, completely out of nowhere, I woke up this morning, and do you know what I saw? Sun. Actual real life sun.











All in all, I really think that James Franco can totally sum up what we've all been thinking about Sydney's weather over the past few days.










So really, I guess what I'm trying to say from this excessive use of GIFs is that Mother Nature sure can be temperamental. I mean, who knows what crayness we're in store for tomorrow? I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Hang in there Sydney! Til' next time . . .

Annabel xx

2 comments:

  1. I just posted about the same problem! It's late Spring and we keep waking up to random flakes of snow. I'm glad I don't have your weather though, i am terrified of storms

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, the weather must be getting cray everywhere!

      Delete